The next Sport Industry Forum Dubai will take place on Tuesday 18 September 2018 at the visually stunning location of Jumeirah Golf Estates.
The forum will focus on sports sponsorship – a critical topic due to growing economic pressures and the ever increasing need for private sector investment in UAE sport. The full agenda will follow shortly.
Our previous Sport Industry Forum Dubai was themed: “Legacy Building in Sport: Towards a Sustainable Future”. The forum brought together 100 senior professionals, from major international events to community and grassroots initiatives, to discuss workable solutions to building a sustainable future for Dubai based sport.
Highlights from the previous forum included:
- H.E. Saeed Hareb, Secretary General of Dubai Sports Council, providing for the first ever time data from their newly commissioned report on Dubai’s sport sector
- Issam Kazim, CEO of Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), speaking about getting over 780,000 people active through the Dubai Fitness Challenge
- Helen Rowbotham, Director of Innovation for British Rowing, sharing her work on broadening the appeal of a niche sport in the UK and engaging the masses
- Waleed Al Hosani, CEO of Arabian Gulf League, and Jonny Tungen, Founder & MD of The Royal Emirates Sports Academy, discussing ways to guarantee a sustainable future for their sports and activities
- Roundtable working groups highlighting priorities for true legacy building in Dubai sport