The theme for the most recent Sport Industry Forum Dubai, held on 16 January 2018, was “Legacy Building in Sport: Towards a Sustainable Future”.
The forum brought together 100 senior professionals, from major international events to community and grassroots initiatives, to discuss workable solutions to building a sustainable future for Dubai based sport.
- H.E. Saeed Hareb, Secretary General of Dubai Sports Council, providing for the first ever time data from their newly commissioned report on Dubai’s sport sector
- Issam Kazim, CEO of Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), speaking about getting over 780,000 people active through the Dubai Fitness Challenge
- Helen Rowbotham, Director of Innovation for British Rowing, sharing her work on broadening the appeal of a niche sport in the UK and engaging the masses
- Waleed Al Hosani, CEO of Arabian Gulf League, and Jonny Tungen, Founder & MD of The Royal Emirates Sports Academy, discussing ways to guarantee a sustainable future for their sports and activities
- Roundtable working groups highlighting priorities for true legacy building in Dubai sport