Held under the patronage of Abu Dhabi Sports Council (ADSC), the 6th Sport Industry Forum Abu Dhabi in 2019 will once again bring together senior representatives – director level and above – from the industry of sport.
Agenda, venue and other details will be shared here shortly.
The previous Sport Industry Forum Abu Dhabi 2018 was focused on a strategy for elite athletes in the form of a “10 point manifesto” – building the strategy to elevate UAE elite athletes to the top of their sport internationally.
2018 forum highlights included:
- An opening address and update presentation by H.E. Aref Al Awani, General Secretary of the Abu Dhabi Sports Council
- Prof. John Brewer, Pro Vice Chancellor – Global Engagement, St Mary’s University UK shared the UK’s success in developing elite sportsmen and women and growing the medal count at major competitions
- Peter Wheeler, CEO, Special Olympics World Games Abu Dhabi 2019 – led a MENA Games review and a look ahead to 2019’s World Games
- The big discussion – An interactive debate on school sport, coaching, facilities and the importance of accessibility. Is there enough support given to young people who could reach the highest level in their sport?
- Insightful young aspiring athlete roundtables – Hearing directly from young people who are currently involved in elite sports programmes in the UAE and striving for international success